Re: irqbalance f8

Ulrich Drepper <drepper <at> redhat.com> writes:

> "Core Duo" doesn't mean dual processor and if it is a single processor,
> dual core machine the result is as expected: the two cores share the
> same highest-level cache (level 2 in this case).

Now I am really confused - I have gkrellm running and it shows two cpus.

You mean I have only a single processor and two cpus on the same chip - but
irqbalance only applies if there are two separate cpu chips? Is there a web
reference that I could refer to in order to understand this properly?

Thanks