Re: video turns off just when os starts services when booting F8 after fresh install

Tim:
>> you could try using CTRL ALT and the + or - keys on the number pad to
>> change resolutions (something I can't do, as my laptop doesn't have a
>> numberpad).

Mikkel L. Ellertson:
> Have you tried Ctrl-Alt-Fn-; (+) or Ctrl-Alt-Fn-P (Or what ever key
> is the number pad + and - on your keyboard.) It depends on how the
> keyboard is decoded, but it should produce the proper scan codes.

I have now, and it's not doing anything.  But then it might be that my X
is set up with just one screen resolution mode.  I'm not keen on
stuffing around the configuration to check, but I've just plugged an
ordinary USB keyboard in, and CTRL ALT + or - don't do anything on it.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.