Re: F8 and Maple11 or 9.5

Mike C wrote:
These were installed under F7 and all the files are in a partition that was not
touched during f8 install. The user icon to run them remains in the pre-existing desktop for the users.

In the past I know I needed the compat-libstdc++ packages and these were
duly installed in f8. Also I know in the past I needed the libXp package
and I installed this also.

When the icon is double clicked on the desktop the bobbing icon sits on
the desktop for a minute (kde) and then vanishes.  In the past this has been
an indication of a missing package. But since there is no remnant in the logs
I don't know how to identify which!

Mike,

I don't know if this helps, but I currently have Maple 10 installed on a F7 workstation. If there's something I can run to help you figure this out, just let me know.

Tom