Re: irqbalance f8

Mike C wrote:
> Ulrich Drepper <drepper <at> redhat.com> writes:
>

>> François Patte wrote:
>>> On f8 irqbalance starts then immediately dies....
>> It doesn't die, it just terminated because it figures out its services
>> are not  needed.  This happens on all systems with just one cache
>> domain.  The problem is just the reporting of "FAIL" at shutdown time.
>
> I installed f8 on a core duo machine last night and get the same shutdown failed
> message for irqbalance - I do believe that I have not lost one of the two
> processors in this machine!

You may want to check into it, because I don't remember if it is a
core duo or a BIOS problem, but you are not getting dynamic IRQ
balancing. Because of this, the script terminates after doing the
initial IRQ balancing, so there is no dynamic IRQ balancing daemon
running to be stopped at shutdown.

Mikkel