Re: Can't find missing font on Fedora 8

Starting xfs did not help, and I get the following error when I try to install base-x:
Warning: Group base-x does not exist.

Lane

Rex Dieter wrote:
lbrooks@xxxxxxx wrote:

I am getting the following fatal error when trying to launch a third-party
app on Fedora 8:

X Error of failed request:  BadName (named color or font does not exist)
 Major opcode of failed request:  45 (X_OpenFont)
 Serial number of failed request:  16

I have tried installing all sorts of fonts and cannot get the error to get
the
application to launch.  Does anyone know what package my system is
missing?

These may be legacy apps in need of a font server,
yum install /sbin/service xfs start

and try again.

-- Rex