Re: Printer LaserJet 1320

On 2007-11-15 03:11 +0000, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Leo writes:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> My printer is using the default ppd file included in foomatic. Every
>> time I send a printing job to the printer, it is not immediately
>> printed. The green light keep flashing for a few minutes and then turn
>> yellow. (and only then can I manually press the green button to finish
>> the printing job; this is a bug and has been discussed in many places).
>
> Press the green button to push that print job out.
>
>> However, what i am going to report here is the few minutes'
>> flashing. This happens with evince but not with Firefox. May I ask if
>> anyone has seen a similar problem and if you have a fix?
>
> No fix that I know of. According to the docs, this happens if the
> print job specifies a non-default paper size. I've noticed that not
> all print jobs do that. Printing a web page, from Firefox, or a
> document from OpenOffice usually works. Some PDFs trip this, and you
> have to manually force the print job through.

How can I know if the print job is specifying a non-default paper size?

Follow Tim Waugh's suggestion:

,----[ lpoptions -l yourqueuename | grep PageSize ]
| PageSize/Page Size: Custom Letter *A4 Photo Photo5x7 3x5 5x8 A5 A6 B5JIS
| CDDVD80 CDDVD120 Env10 EnvC5 EnvC6 EnvDL EnvISOB5 EnvMonarch Executive
| FLSA Hagaki Legal Oufuku w558h774 w612h935
`----

I have configured the printer option to use A4 paper in
system-config-printer. Is that sufficient?

Thank you all for helping out!

Best,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

          Use the best OS -- http://www.fedoraproject.org/