Re: why is gkrellm-themes missing in F8?

Rahul Sundaram:
>> Licensing issues. A large number of these themes had no proper copyright
>> or licensing information.

Ric Moore:
> According to my experience with the legal system; "If it isn't written,
> it didn't happen." No copyright = Fair Game. ???? Not sure if this
> applies as I am no lawyer nor patent / copyright attorney.

For a long time, now, the copyright laws have been that anything created
is automatically copyrighted, no notice about it is required.  And, in
some places, that was always the case.  The notice just makes it easier
for someone to work out who owns what, and when it was created.  Knowing
that information does make it easy to ask for permission.

This is the opposite situation, though.  Wanting a notice about
copyright that *gives* permission from the owner.

To me, the obvious *simple* solution would be:  Can a smaller package
without the questionable parts be made?

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.