Re: [F8] Can not configure sound AC97

Vnpenguin wrote:
Hi all,
Under root, when I run system-config-sound I can play  the test no
problem. I saved and exit. But when I play a mp3 (with plug-in mp3
from Livna) with audacious I got always error message:

----------------------------------
Couldn't open audio
Please check that:
1.
2.
3.

My card is VIA, model AC97, module snd-via82xx and it works very well under FC7.

Any help please !

Thanks,

This is probably a pulseaudio issue.  To check, do a
yum remove pulseaudio-alsa
If sound works like it did in Fedora 7 after this, then there is a misconfiguration in the pulseaudio - ALSA link.

I don't need any of the functionality that pulseaudio provides so
I turned it off in the configuration file (go to www.pulseaudio.org for documentation as there doesn't appear to be any packaged with Fedora).

Hope that helps.