Re: reboot loop after power failure

Jan Welker wrote:
Dear List,

Yesterday evening I had a power outage in my office. My workstation lost power. After the power was back I tried to start it again. The result was a reboot loop. If I switch it on I get no screen, no beep. The fans and the disks are spinning (normal start up sounds). After 5 seconds it switches off and does the same again. It is for sure a hardware problem.
Any idea what component is broken (motherboard, power supply or RAM)?

Thanks,
Jan

Jan,

I've seen this reboot loop before when my power supply was marginal.
It is likely that your power supply took the brunt of the power
surge when the power failed.  Replacing the power supply unit would be
my first suggestion.

Good luck,
Khoa