Re: looking for suggestions - radeon display bad

Craig White wrote:
----
yeppers - I'm so disgusted with the display, I haven't looked at it long
enough to allow it to go to screensaver.

There's way too much to fix before I can migrate these systems to Fedora
8

Craig

I am running F8 from a switchover from rawhide. I want to try the new Rawhide version of X that was mentioned but am afraid to at present. There are no complaints yet on the development list. If I do get brave enough to switch over to early phase after the new release for X and the next generation, it has to beat the present washed out version of Fedora 8 X with the radeon driver selected. If it is just the radeon driver causing it, the definitely need to pass on the improved driver for X.

Jim

--
We don't really understand it, so we'll give it to the programmers.