Re: F8 : internet Radio problem

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 13:45 +0100, Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem accessing websites supplying radio by internet. On my F7
> system with mplayer-plugin it worked perefect.
> Now I did a "fresh" F8 install. Installed the mplayer stuff from livna but I
> do not get any "audio" on the machine
>
> when I try (with firefox)
>   http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/ram/r3g2.ram
> It suggest to open it with "gedit"
>
> when I try (with firefox)
>   http://www.dr.dk/netradio/metafilter/asx/DR_Klassisk_32.asx
> It shows some bar and volume knob, but stays downloading and no sound is heard
>
>  Already checked : Sound works on the machine
>                    SeLinux switched off
>

>  What can be done to make it work properly?
>
>                 Thanks
> How about installing RealPlayer?

> -----------------------------------------------<

What they said: What they meant: "If you knew this person as well as I
know him, you would think as much of him as I do." (Or as little, to
phrase it slightly more accurately.) "Her input was always
critical." (She never had a good word to say.) "I have no doubt about
his capability to do good work." (And it's nonexistent.) "This candidate
would lend balance to a department like yours, which already has so many
outstanding members." (Unless you already have a moron.) "His
presentation to my seminar last semester was truly remarkable: one
unbelievable result after another." (And we didn't believe them,
either.) "She is quite uniform in her approach to any function you may
assign her." (In fact, to life in general...)