Re: unwanted icons

Amadeus W.M. wrote:
What's with all the hard drive icons on my F8 desktop for my data partitions? Can I get rid of them somehow? I imagine it's a nautilus thing. I really like a minimal desktop, with only the stuff that I want.

IIRC this a HAL change. Instead of mounting them in /media, mount them in /mnt or some other directory and the icons shouldn't show up on the desktop anymore. If you like to hide all icons in any circumstances, then there is a gconf setting for that.

Rahul