Re: FC8 yum-updatesd-helper hangs

Jim Cornette wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

There is a bug filed for this problem that was already posted earlier in another thread. I believe the daemon program was designed to download without warning.

It merely checks for metadata by default so that Pup can notify the user of new updates if any. Does not download any packages though it could be configured to auto download or install packages in the background.

Rahul

I cannot even find a trace of the thread where the bug report led me to misinterpret what the updatesd-helper does. If all it does by default is download metadata, why would it hang now in Fedora 8?

There is a bugzilla report with more details but I suspect

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2007-November/msg00112.html

Rahul