Re: Concerning wireless light on my laptop

Tim:
>> But mine doesn't actually use them for activity status.  They don't
>> change when using wireless (i.e. there's no blinking during reception
>> not transmission), and they don't change for network availability (it's
>> lit if you've enabled your wireless hardware, whether or not their is
>> another wireless device to connect to).

Christoph Höger:
> what hardware (and what driver) do you use? I saw this with iwl3945.
> That is not very surprising as iwl3945 is still beta software.

[tim@suspishus ~]$ /sbin/lspci | grep ireless
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02)

It uses whatever driver it finds automatically, as came with the
original installation.  I've not added anything, it worked out of the
box, so to speak.

At least the networking works, even if the LED doesn't work
properly.  ;-)

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.