Re: F8 - wireless problem - SOLVED

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 09:23 -0500, Jacques B. wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2007 7:58 AM, Jonathan Underwood
> <jonathan.underwood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 10/11/2007, Jacques B. <jjrboucher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Any suggestions?
> >
> > For me WPA-PSK works out of the box with NetworkManager - any reason
> > you're not using that?
> >

> Is NetworkManager the same as system-network-config?  If so, that
> doesn't work.  This is also accessed via Administration > Network.
> Which reminds me, When I click on Administration > Network Device
> Control, nothing happens.  It was like that after the first install of
> F8 and initial updates, and still again after today's updates.  Am I
> missing something there or is my system misbehaving?
>
> Jacques B.
NM and netwrok-config-manager are certainly not the same. Try this:
service network stop
service NetworkManager
service NetworkManagerDispatcher

In gnome you will see the nm-applet icon on the upper right side of the
upper panel. Left click on it. You will see the available APs listed.
Pick the one you want and go from there.

One does not thank logic. -- Sarek, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.4