Xine DVD playback only as root

I have Xine installed in Fedora 8. DVD playback only works if you launch it as root. If you try and play a dvd as a regular user, it says the source is encrypted and cant play the movie. I have installed libdvdcss along with all the other dvd codecs. Any way to play a movie as a regular user? or is this how it is?

(PS Totem is the same)