USB drives going read-only

I have some USB drives I use for backup and sneakernet, and I've noted that if unused they become read-only after being unused for a while. I have seen this on FC[678] and it's annoying rather than critical, because of the way I use the drives.

mount still shows as rw, unmount and mount clears.

Ring any bells? I don't have enough details to file a good bug yet, if this is known I won't bother.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>