Re: burn cd/dvd in command line

At 11:21 AM +0100 11/11/07, François Patte wrote:
>Mikkel L. Ellertson a écrit :
>> François Patte wrote:
>>> Bonjour,
>>>
>>> Now that there are no more entries for cd/dvd devices in fstab, how
>>> shall proceed to umount a cd/dvd-rom (needed to blank for instance)?
>>>
>>> graphical icon only allow to eject...
>>>
>> This is because the CD/DVD is not mounted.
>
>Of course not! If I can see the icon, it is mounted and no option
>"unmount" is proposed.... Only eject. run df to see)

On F7, if I enable automounting, I also only have the Eject choice in the
context menu when I insert a blank DVD or a finalized DVD with a filesystem
on it.  I get no desktop icon if I insert a finalized DVD with no
filesystem (a dump) on it.  The mount command shows a mounted filesystem
for the case of a DVD with a filesystem, and nothing for the other cases.
I don't know what would happen for other kinds of DVD, say of a
non-finalized DVD or a rewritable DVD.

Thus, in the case of a blank DVD there is no need to unmount it, as it is
not mounted.

>> Now, if it were mounted,
>> you would have the unmount option from the icon. You could also run
>> "umount <device>" or "umount <mount point>" from the command line.
>> (If you have permission to unmount it, or run the command as root.)

I don't get that option in F7, at least not with the DVDs I tried.