Re: 1.Passing text to program and 2.automatic login

vladak@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> 1. Is there a console command or construction that can solve my
> problem: I need to start program from console that asks couple
> times for text input. Can I somehow give all the inputs in one
> command, so the execution of program doesn't stop to ask for
> input?

Look at the expect command. (yum install expect)
> 2. Without the graphical environment (only from bash) how can I
> set linux to login some user at startup without asking for user
> name and pass?

If you want the user to always be logged in at a specific VT, you
can edit /etc/inittab and change the line for the VT you want to
change. Look at the autologin option of mingetty. For example, to
have them logged in on VT2, look for:

2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2

Change it to something like:

2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --autologin guest tty2

Mikkel