Re: Summary of issues with clean install F8 in Dell D610

> The same kernel messages appear in /var/log/messages as
> "Nov  9 17:37:27 localhost kernel: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason a1
> on CPU 0.
> Nov  9 17:37:27 localhost kernel: You have some hardware problem, likely on
> the PCI bus.
> Nov  9 17:37:27 localhost kernel: Dazed and confused, but trying to continue"
>
> Subsequent boots are no different if the parameters mentioned above are used.

NMI occurs normally when the system sees memory or other errors. Thats
why its logged. Doesn't neccessarily mean the problem in every case is
that of course. Do any other D610 users see the same NMI - I'd be
interested to know.

As to workarounds. I'd run memtest86 on the system to see if the NMI is
coming from a memory error. If memtest86 passes then file a bug in case
we have other D610 users seeing it and don't worry further