Re: How is my wireless connecting if I haven't set the WPA on Wireless

On Nov 9, 2007 1:54 AM, Ben Kevan <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have never set my WPA Key in any configuration after installing FC8.
> How the hell is it connecting?
>
> This can't be right? Also I don't even have a place to configure my
> network connections (kde).
>
> Ben

As someone else suggested, you are connecting to an unsecured network.
 Either your own is unsecured, or if you know that not to be the case
then you are connecting to someone else's which is most likely a
criminal offence unless that person permits anonymous people to
connect to their network.  I don't say this to call you a criminal as
for one you do not appear to have any intent certainly to connect to
someone else's network..  I am simply raising awareness that if
someone connects to another person's access point that it can be
considered a criminal offense.  So you need to exercise diligence to
ensure you are really connecting to yours.  Check out the DHCP logs on
your AP to make sure that you see the MAC address of your wireless NIC
in there.  If not you are connecting to someone else's AP.

Jacques B.