Re: Is there a f8 Live CD that can be used for installatiion?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Clearly I am being misunderstood. I am interested in installing f8 on a
machine without a DVD drive. I know there are NFS installs I would
rather avoid that.
I don't see where you are misunderstood. You asked whether the Live
CD/DVD's are installable and the answer yes and has been from the Fedora
7 release onwards. All the different variants and spins of Fedora have
this capability.

My impression is that it is actually easier with F-8 than it was with F-7.

I installed F-8 KDE Live CD on a USB stick,
and when I booted with this, I was asked if I wanted to install F-8;
when I answered yes I was able to install from the hard disk
(where I had the DVD ISO).

I wasn't asked this question when I booted F-7 from a USB stick.

If you are booting from a USB stick, then yes, it has improved.

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/11/07/i-am-fedora-and-so-can-you/

Persistency is next.

Rahul