Re: Fedora 8

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:

What is the nature of bug?
X doesn't start? X goes down after a while? garbled display?

Anaconda found that my computer has a Nvidia VGA hardware and even called it the right model! I was happy and hoped it would carry on but when I rebooted it has the same 800X600 off center x-windows that it had with F7 when it was new. So it seems there has been no work on setting up a new version of Fedora capable of working with Nvidia hardware. That will be my bug.

What model of video card and what model of monitor? (Skewed video is sometimes the problem of X getting the wrong data from the monitor. Some older monitors gave back totally bjorked DCC data.)

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.