Re: Couple of Scripts

Thom Paine wrote:
> I am looking for a couple of scripts to do the following.
>
> 1. I would like a script that can look at my messages file and show me
> how many times and when I get disconnected from my isp. Then post this
> to a simple webpage on my server.
>
> 2. Another script that will look at maillog and tell me what messages
> are rejected. Some of my users are concerned they are not getting
> legitimate email and with mailscanner and some snert milters running,
> I'm not sure the best way to figure this out.
>
> Does anyone have some already made? I would think that there would be
> other people doing this.
>
> Thanks in advance.

This is an easy one.  Get OSSEC.  You can customize rules for this very
purpose.  It works great.  I use it in similar situations so I am pretty
sure this will work for you.

It's lightweight, and may /possibly/ still be overkill for you, but it
keeps you rolling your own, etc.

--
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support