Re: boot cd's

Frank Cox wrote:
I do my Fedora installs and upgrades by booting off of a CDR and doing a
NFS install from the DVD image that I have on my fileserver.

Is there a difference (other than the logo screen) between the boot cd images
for Fedora versions?  In other words, can I use my F7 boot cd to install F8, or
am I better off to create a new CD from the image on the F8 dvd?

Yes, there are major differences in the boot environment. You can get the Fedora 8 boot image (or better yet the rescue image since it has the second stage installer too) from one of the mirrors.

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/8/
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f8/en_US/sn-which-files.html

Rahul