Re: fsck -c usage question

Mark C. Allman wrote:
> System: 2.6.22.9-91.fc7, Dell XPS M1710 laptop, 80GB HD, 2G ram
>
>>From what I've read, it's a good idea to occasionally have fsck run when
> you reboot a system.  Also, I've had Fedora lock up a few times (over
> the past year, BTW, so I'm not complaining!) such that I had to power
> off and back on to restart.
>
> What I do to have fsck run on startup:
> 1.  Create /fsckoptions with the switches I want to supply to fsck
> 2.  Run "shutdown -rF 0' to create /forcefsck and reboot.
> Note: When fsck is finished after the reboot the /fsckoptions
> and /forcefsck files are removed automatically.

tune2fs -c 21 /dev/xxx

This is what I have on my laptop, it is set to fsck after 21 mounts (I
think 21 is pretty typical setup for a lot of distros like Ubuntu (or
gentoo in my case)  change the 21 to suit your needs that should
eliminate the need for the setup you have.

--
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support