Re: yum: How to downgrade openoffice 2.3 to 2.2.1?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Rob wrote:

Hi,

With yum I recently upgraded to openoffice 2.3 from
version 2.2.1. This new version is a disaster (see below).

Can I downgrade back to 2.2.1 with yum?

You can use yum-allowdowngrade plugin available in the repository or manually download the old version (if it is not already in the yum cache) and install it using rpm --oldpackage argument.

Rahul

Another choice seems to be to google the Open Office web page and d/l Open Office 2.3 and see if the author's version works better than the fedora version. I may do the same thing since there seems to be smoke about OO on this list.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User