Re: Please 'leak' Fedora 8

on 11/6/2007 5:29 PM, Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 November 2007 22:38, David Boles wrote:
>> on 11/6/2007 4:32 PM, Nigel Henry wrote:
>> Not sure exactly where you are Nigel, and none of my business either, but
>> there are services that sell Linux distributions on CDs and DVDs for a
>> very reasonable price. And I would think that you could get them much more
>> quickly that way, with less trouble, than a 56k download.  ;-)
>
> In the UK I'd have no problem buying the cdrom sets, but in france this seems
> to be a no-go. The only only place I could find wouldn't even take my carte
> bleu for payment, you have to send them a cheque. I don't have a credit card
> so can't even order them from the UK. I'm not too bothered about the long
> download time, I was simply giving a bit of feedback to karl that dialup is
> worse than his DSL.
>
> I will post to the Debian user france list, and to the Fedora france list. I
> can't believe you can't get the sets of iso's in france. I must have made
> some error on google. Saying that though, i did try a few different search
> lines, and zilch.
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Nigel.
>
> ps:  Perhaps you just have to have a credit card these days to buy stuff. I've
> had problems with these in the past, and don't want to go down that road
> again.

Your choice of course. I remember dial-up well. I used to buy the CDs from
Cheapbytes but one time I decided to d/l a, I think it was 3 cds at that
time, distro. Had I not had a second phone line I am sure that my wife
would have killed me long before the download finished.  ;-)

As for Fedora 8? It is very nice and I am sure that you will like it. The
Fedora people have done another wonderful job.

Best wishes.
--

  David