Re: what happened to my drawing

On Tuesday 06 November 2007, alan wrote:
>On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> There was, IIRC fairly recently, and article I read someplace because
>> Inkscape had been taken back private, no longer gpl'd.  Lambasted them I
>> believe was the terminology used.  I had it installed for a while and what
>> it did, it did very well, but in my case, printer formatting was at best,
>> broken.
>
>inkspace.org does not mention this anywhere.
>
>The FAQ at
>http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#What_License_is_Inkscape_release
>d_under.3F claims it is under GPL 2.0.

Humm, maybe I should have checked that against snopes.  It was on one of those
wannabe linux sites that more often than not seems to find the M$ product
somehow better.

However, I don't think you can deny that its development seems to have
approached call a surveyor and set stakes to measure its speed recently.

Its printer output isn't very good IMO, but that may go back to fedora's
theory that brokenness is expected since its fedora.  I dunno, but my locally
built copy of gutenprint is pinned cuz nothing in the fedora repo seems to
want to admit gutenprint even exists, staying instead with the thouroughly
broken for epson printers gimp-print-4.2.7 that is now 3 or 4 years out of
support.  But we've had this discussion quite heatedly before without
resolving the issue so I came to the conclusion this is fedora policy.  Its a
shrug, as long as I can fix it.  And I have for gimp, the important app here.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)