Re: [OT] Looking for a notebook

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Joe Tseng wrote:

I've been asked to look for notebooks for my office that have built-in serial ports. We've already used USB-to-serial adapters and port multipliers with mixed success; we are kind of leery of using PCMCIA serial ports. And we'd like to use these notebooks on the go so docks are out of the question. Can I get the big OEMs to sell me a few of these or am I out of luck with them?

I don't think I have ever seen a laptop with a serial port. Might be a few, but they would be industrial use type machines. (Does the Panasonic TuffBook have them?)

You may be SOL.

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.