Re: Compatible Winmodems?

Adalbert Prokop wrote:
Brian wrote on Sunday 04 November 2007:

I'd like a cheap internal modem to be used for inbound and outbound
faxing. (<$15) I suspect my only route is a Winmodem for that price.

Well, I know it was not your question, but consider buying a "real" modem (internal or external). That saves you LOTS of trouble compiling the kernel module for every new kernel and problems as abandoned code which does not compile with a new kernel version.

I didn't think of the extra effort and trouble associated. Thanks for pointing it out. I think I'll shop eBay for a real modem and hope I can find one on the cheap.

Thanks again,
-Brian