Re: downloading fc7 updates manually?

On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 13:06:21 -1000,
  Dave Burns <tburns@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd like to download all the rpms of security updates to fc7 since the
> release. I will be using a machine running fc6, so "yum -y update"
> won't actually do it.

SNIP

> How should I choose a repository to get stuff from? Usually I just let
> yum do it, and I don't know what's going on under the hood. Is there
> some FAQ or howto I should look at? I tried googling and poking
> around, found the basic release rpms at redhat.com, but can't figure
> out where updates come from. Must be overlooking something obvious.

What I do is mirror the updates repository and configure yum to use my
local copy of updates. It sounds like you probably want to do some other
stuff in there, but you might be able to use that as a starting point
for what you are trying to do.

You should note that stuff gets removed from the updates repository from
time to time. So this will only get you the most current updates (and a
few older ones), not all of the updates that were ever released. I doubt
you want the obsolete updates in any case.