Re: Updating Firefox Blasted Language Packs

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 16:54:17 +0000 (UTC)
Beartooth <Beartooth@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:56:48 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
>
> > Just those 40-bazillion (plus or minus one or two) language packs that
> > Fedora's Firefox always seems to come with on a new install.  My first
> > task after installing it is to run Firefox as root and remove all of
> > those language packs., as I don't require any of them.
>
> 	Is there a way to do that without having to log out, and then
> back in as root?

I have never really known if there is a difference between going through the
gui and deleting the language packs or if I could just delete them directly
from the commandline.

I just type this command into a terminal window:

su -c firefox

then enter my root password to run Firefox as root and delete them through the
gui.