Configuring NVidia 8600GT for a proper 1920x1080 over HDMI

Hello All,

I just got a new machine (iP35 motherboard, ASUS EN8600GT/HTDI/256M
video) connected to my SONY TV (FullHD, 1920x1080) via HDMI.
I installed Fedora 7 with almost no problems (there was a minor issue-
the installation GUI didn't show up on my TV, so I did the
installation in text mode).

But when X started, I got the picture that is actually bigger than my
TV. I mean I don't see Gnome's horizontal bars on top and at the
bottom, although I know they are there and working - I can click them
in "blind" mode and I can get to the menus for example. And I assume
there are some parts of the image missing from the left and from the
right side.

Gnome says its video mode is 1920x1080 and my TV confirms it's in
1080p mode when I switch it to a corresponding HDMI input.

It seems I can't change any settings on my TV, at least I can't find
any options regarding its HDMI connections. It there a way to somehow
adjust it from the PC (Fedora) side?

In fact I don't really understand how this situation is possible, as
1920x1080 should be a "pixel to pixel" mode...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. It's a clean install of Fedora 7. I only did a 'yum -y upgrade'
after the installation.

--
Best regards,
 Andrew                          mailto:a-j@xxxxxx