Re: Flat Monitors

Mike Chambers wrote:
On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 14:10 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
You said everything I was, but missed that contrast is another issue with LCD over CRT. The specifications for contrast are misleading. There are two contrast ratings. One for static and one for dynamic. If you are doing graphics work, you need a good static contrast or you can miss details.

Another thing is if the monitor is going to be used for gaming, then
you will have to look at the refresh rates. If they are to slow, the monitor will look like a blur with any games. Also you have to know if the video card can work at the native resolution of the monitor.

I got rid of my LCD for a CRT monitor at work and home. I am waiting for OLED or SED monitors.

Well, this is just for home and no graphics work involved, as in for
emails, browsing, script type editing a little, that type stuff.  So
would think it should be OK.

One I am looking at is Proview 19" Widescreen at Walmart.

For that stuff then I think any LCD would work.

Just check the viewing angles and contrast.

--
Robin Laing