mounting with "noatime"

What are peoples' opinions on mounting OS partitions with the "noatime" option?

The recent conversations about flash drive lifetimes, and harddrives wearing out on laptops got me thinking whether or not I really cared about when I was accessing OS files on my laptop.  Barring the potential forensic value of knowing when a file was accessed,  I don't think I care.  However for the partition with my $HOME, I do care since I like to be able to occasionally delete all the stuff I haven't accessed in the last six months (for example).

Comments?