Re: Problems viewing .asp files

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Les wrote:

Hi, everyone,
	I am having problems viewing ".asp" files.  	I don't get any errors in
logs or on screen, when I try to open them I get the message
"unrecognized file type".

	I have googled, and searched the mailing list but didn't see anything
that would help.  I did try removing and reinstalling python which was
the only suggestion I found that might apply, but that didn't help.

	Can anyone point me to a reference of troubleshooting this issue or
know the fix?

I guess it depends on what type of asp file and what you mean by "open".

asp can either by an "active scripting program" which is a proprietary Microsoft scripting language or it can be an MPEG4 encoded file.

Do you want to view the file or edit it?

If you want to view the file, and it is the Microsoft web scipting language, you need the server parsing part to make it readable. If not, you can just open it with any text editor.

If it is an MPEG4 file, you need to open in with mplayer or something that does MPEG4 asp files.

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.