Re: RPM

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Tim wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 09:47 +0100, Andrew Kelly wrote:
> > But a lot less convenient on the bus (train, plane, toilet, in the
> > park near the lake, on the couch during commercials, in the
> > waiting room at the doctor's office, etc and so forth). And they
> > just aren't as bloody "sexy" as a nicely printed book, are they?
> > :-)
>
> Not to mention that you can read a book while the computer isn't
> working, in an effort to make it work again.

perhaps slightly off-topic but, when it comes to books, i'm a big fan
of this approach:

  http://sagehill.net/book-description.html

my favourite reference for docbook and XSL processing.  readable
online for free, or throw a few dollars at the author and buy the real
thing.  i wish more books were available that way.

rday

p.s.  DISCLAIMER:  i was an informal reviewer of the early editions,
so my name shows up in the acknowledgements.  but i have no financial
interest whatsoever in that book.  i just really like it.

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca