Re: F8 ETA?

On 30/10/2007, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyway, unless you have a good reason, I'd wait a bit for support and
> zero-day "learning experiences" to happen to someone else.

Imagine if everyone did that...

A different perspective is the following: OSS is a huge volunteer
effort. As an end user you don't pay for it. You're in no way obliged
to contribute anything, but, doesn't it seem fair to contribute when
you can? One way to contribute is byy trying software and reporting
when it doesn't work.

And the best bit is, with all the effort developers have put into
making it easy to run a new release of Fedora wiothout hosing your
current installation, the barrier to doing that is much lower - simply
download a live image, boot from that, and report anything that
breaks, if it does break.

If not, you know you're safe to install it as your full time OS.

The "I'll wait until other people iron out the bugs" is a little
selfish, in my opinion.

Jonathan.