Re: RPM

on 10/30/2007 1:39 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     I printed out Maximum RPM in 1997 and I refer to it often. I was
> told today to use:
>
>     # rpm -q --whatprovides (complete direction to a file) and it did
> provide the name of the file that provides /etc/rc.d/init.d/nvideo.
>
>     Then just now I got to page 51 and there it listed this capability.
> I have had this capability for 8 years but didn't know it...
> :-)

Do you prefer printed manuals? If so I have just the thing for you. It
will make, from 'man' pages, a readable, printable, text file. While
loaded into your favorite text editor you can search it if you like.

Find the bash script   mancon.

I would post it here but I do not know if there would be objections. It is
about 1/2 k in size.
--

  David