Re: Excessive network traffic -

> Gkrellm seems to keep an accurate reading of what I am using in this
> computer, both upload and download so I don't think I am causing the
> problem and it seems to have restarted since I re-enabled the kids XP box.
>
> Any suggestions as to  what to look for will be appreciated.

You really really need to look at the traffic to and from the internet
connection to see what is going on (and to know how your ISP measures)

If you've got a dumb ISP which simply measures traffic aimed at your box
then anyone who happens to have fallen out with the kids involved can
simply spew data at you. If its a wireless link someone may well be
cracking that and using your bandwidth in bulk, it could be viruses on
the windows box - anything.

Until you look at the traffic you are doing the equivalent of trying to
work out where the water is coming from during a flood by measuring the
depth - yes it'll tell you that there is a problem, but it won't tell you
why..

Alan