Re: nvidia

There is on the Nvidia (put in Google) site a newest version of of there drivers for Linux. You have to d/l a "run" file which you select from the first questions on the page. Then I discovered it will not run if the X server is running.

Just found out to turn off the X server in a root Terminal type init 3. There you go to the directory with the run file and as root type sh NVID..... and it will start. On my computer it could not find a ready made kernel addition so it made on on the spot and then went on to do other things.

Then I typed init 5 and here I am back on X windows with MUCH sharper pictures and things and the pointer is new.

This is how you should get your Nvidia on Linux if you want the best qualities of Nvidia color.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User