Re: Fedora 7, Xen and Solaris

Miner, Jonathan W (CSC) (US SSA) wrote:
Hi -

I have Fedora 7 and Xen 3.1.0 installed. Running in 32-bit mode.

Using the GUI interface, I have been able create virtual machines for Fedora 7 and CentOS 5. Both of those work.

I tried to install a Solaris 10 (06/06) virtual machine and that fails; the vm reboots fairly soon, and tries to boot from the harddrive image and reports that it's not bootable. The disk image is all zero bytes.

Has anyone done thus before?

I have not, but I think I've seen a preinstalled Sol image someplace. Try the obvious suspects, I'm sure I didn't try very hard.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait