Re: nvidia

Frank Cox wrote:
Do you not recognize that there are other existing licenses on technology that users need?
There are all kinds of licenses.  If your requirements include "proprietary,
closed-source and immutable software", then Linux is not for you.
Linus was widely quoted as saying the opposite in the early days of
Linux. I doubt if it would have had any acceptance otherwise.
I'm sorry if this is the first time you have heard this.
There's obviously a misunderstanding somewhere. One piece of software
does not get to dictate what others you can run regardless of the
unrealistic fanaticism involved. But it does make opensolaris sound
more appealing.
--
  Les Mikesell