Re: nvidia

Alan Cox wrote:

There's no piracy involved here as nvidia gives the drivers away and permits redistribution. It is the Linux side that makes their product
If I give away copies of someone elses movies and permit redistribution
then thats still piracy.
How so, when the 'someone else' explicitly allows redistribution without modifications? Specifically:

The "someone else" is the Linux community. Nvidia can't give away my
rights they don't own any more than I can give away Nvidia's rights.

As soon as you can prove that your code is included in nvidia's module, you'll have the right to say that. Or at least more code than is necessary for fair use of the interface provided by the kernel.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx