Re: Problems Finding In Yum Install!!!

On 29/10/2007, Jyotishmaan Ray <jyotishmaan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear All FEDORA-LIST Members,
>
> I would like to request you, to plz go through my mail and let me know why
> these errors are shown with the following repo-files of /etc/yum.repos.d/.
> The files are enclosed herewith this mail.
>
> Please answer my question:-

You could have answered several of them yourself by simply taking a
closer look at the output.

> 1.
>
> If the base url with repository path has to be defined in all the .repo
> files present in the directory, /etc/yum.respos.d/ ?

Yes, it must be defined when the mirrorlist= option is undefined.

> 2. How does it make a difference to use the baseurl in  all the three
> section of all these files viz.,fedora-development.repo  fedora.repo
> fedora-updates.repo  fedora-updates-testing.repo ?

Cannot answer that, because I don't understand the question.

> 3. Is it necssary to make the value of the variables-
>
>  enable=1
>  gpgcheck=1

Read "man yum.conf", bottom half, too.

> or should they be made equal to 0?

Do understand what they do by reading the manual, then answer the
question yourself.

> FIRST CASE
>
> 1.For the command:- yum -y update
>
> [root@authdns bin]# yum -y update
> Setting up Update Process
> http://192.168.2.6/fedora/linux/releases/7/Everything/i386/os/repodata/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:20:51 GMT

You configured your local repository wrong. Notice the duplicate
"repodata/" directory in the URL. Don't include the "/repodata" in the
baseurl.

> 2. For the command:- yum updates
>
> [root@authdns bin]# yum updates
> Usage: yum [options] < grouplist, localinstall, groupinfo, localupdate,
> resolvedep, erase, deplist, groupremove, makecache, upgrade, provides,
> shell, install, whatprovides, groupinstall, update, repolist, groupupdate,
> info, search, check-update, list, remove, clean, grouperase >

Look what Yum tells you. There is no "updates" command. It is called "update".

> 3. For the command:-
>
> yum install openldap openldap-devel nss_ldap openldap-clients
> openldap-servers
>

> [root@authdns bin]# yum install openldap openldap-devel nss_ldap
> openldap-clients openldap-servers
> Setting up Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> http://192.168.2.6/fedora/linux/releases/7/Everything/i386/os/repodata/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:25:43 GMT

Same as case 1.

> For the case, when enable=0,gpgcheck=0, (however the files are not enlclosed
> for this configuration, they are same except for the change of values)

The rest you quoted is duplicate due to misconfiguration or usage errors.