Re: nvidia

Anders Karlsson wrote:
If you have such a beef about this particularly part about the
argument, I suggest you take it onto the Linux Kernel mailing list. I
would suggest you search the archives for it first though, as it has
been debated extensively already and all the arguments you can come up
with most likely have been replied to. It'll save traffic on this list.

Actually, to quote Linus on LKML, in discussion of whether or not binary modules are "derived" or not, specifically related to Nvidia:

"I think the NVidia people can probably reasonably honestly say that the code they ported had _no_ Linux origin." [1]

Yes, I'm quite aware that many people will simply argue that it doesn't matter what Linus thinks as he is not the sole copyright holder in the kernel, and so on and so forth. Save it -- that's already at LKML too. Just wanted to point out that the LKML archives are not as clear on this point as you make out.

Cheers,
Raman

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/12/3/234