Re: nvidia

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:

There are many ways the situation could be improved for the user. The best I would hope for would be the inclusion of a configuration for a yum repository containing the drivers currently maintained in the livna repo. If that's too much to ask, then a link to the repo from the fedora project site would be better than nothing. Actually including the driver or maintaining a stable interface would be too much to expect here.

Again, Fedora will only include Free and open source software. Supporting non-free software is any manner is a explicit non-objective.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives

We all know that the real objective of fedora is to get a lot of users to do the beta testing on what will be the next RHEL after which they quickly stop supporting those tested versions and move on. Maybe they get enough testers without having to be bothered making it convenient for nvidia, vmware, etc. users.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx