Re: nvidia

Ed Greshko wrote:

Well...nvidia drivers are "free" as no cost.  So, I'm confused.

Look up the definition of non-free software.

You say "Free software projects" but I think you mean "OpenSource" or maybe
your definition of "Free" is different than mine.

Free as in freedom. Not free as in gratis.

While an opensouce project "can" route around such damage it doesn't mean
they "will".

The opportunity is clearly more. That certainly counts as an advantage especially for distributions who have to fix bugs or include enhancements.

Rahul