Re: Yum on several machines

So... Would it work if you made /var/cache/yum a read-only NFS mount
exported/updated by the "master"?

In some cases rpms needed by the clients might not be present in the
cache and they would try to download new ones and it would blow up.
But then you could have the master download the proper rpms and start
again.

There might be a more elegant way to check whether the cache was
complete (yum checkupdate piped into... ?) before trying to update. Or
just have the master constantly updating and have all the rpms. At
which point you might as well make it a local mirror?

Dave